Yeah! Target has put out the Christmas items in their dollar spot. I love these decks of cards. (BTW, they also had sports cards.) In this blog post, I am going to show you an easy, peasy game! The game boards are available, free, at the bottom of the post in a google doc.
- Each deck of cards is enough for two games.
- Sort the cards with the black cards in one pile, the red cards in another pile, and the jacks, queens, kings, and jokers in another pile.
- Throw the jacks, etc away. The red cards are for one game and the black cards can be used to make the game again.
- Reproduce a game board for each the black cards and another one for the red cards.
- Make the spinner using a paper clip, brad and bead.
- This game is played with a partner.
- Place the deck of cards between the players.
- Each player turns over a card.
- The players compare their cards for more and less.
- Each player puts his card on the game board on the correct side—more or less.
- The player with the less card, spins the spinner.
- If it lands on more, the player with the more card gets both cards.
- If it lands on less, the player with the less card gets both cards.
- Repeat the game by inviting each player to turn over another card.
Add and Compare
- Here’s another option….
- Each player turns over two cards and adds them together.
- Each player places his cards on the more or less side of the card—comparing the sum.
- The player with less, spins the spinner.
- If it lands on less, the player with less gets al 4 cards.
- If it lands on more, the player with more gets all 4 cards.
- You could also have children turn over 3 cards, add and compare.
- Invite each player to turn over three cards. (You could also play with each player turning over two cards.)
- The players make a 3 digit number with their cards. (2 digit if they are playing with 2 cards.)
- The players compare for more and less, placing them on the correct spot on the game board.
- The player with less spins the spinner.
- If it lands on less, the player with the lesser number, gets all the cards.
- If it lands on more, the player with the greater number, gets all the cards.
I also picked up the Christmas Tree cards.
2 decks of cards, 4 game boards----8 kids playing! So….get to Target to pick up your cards and print the game boards. You can get them here.
And now for the ESGI Winner……Drum Roll Please…
The Winner of the ipad is……
Melany Clark Johnston
Winners of the Free Year of ESGI are…..
Melany Clark Johnston
Maria Nelson Scurr