KinderGals: Spring PEEK at my WEEK-FREE Writing Anchor Chart

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Spring PEEK at my WEEK-FREE Writing Anchor Chart

Even though today has been rainy and cold, what a beautiful spring day we had yesterday! Spent the day at a mountain bike race with my son and visiting with my daughter in law and her mom. I asked on facebook how others were spending their day. I wasn’t surprised when a lot of teachers were taking care of household chores, chauffeuring kids, or working on lesson plans. I was most jealous of the teacher on a great beach vacation and most amused by the teacher who was helping her husband catch frogs for a research project! It was most exciting to hear so many of y’all make reference to working on something we had done in a workshop.
I have to admit I really wanted to come home from church and curl up and take a nap. It was raining, dark and I wasn’t on baby duty! Instead I found myself sitting in front of the computer. 
I finished up the Peek at My Week for Megan’s class.  Soooo glad that we are talking about Spring. Maybe that will help keep winter at bay. Also really excited to be starting a new unit in Reader’s Workshop!
In Reader's Workshop we are "Revving Up!"
During this unit of study you will teach your students to “rev up” to read. The unit begins with lessons that teach students the importance of getting ready to read a book before actually starting to read the words. After students understand how to get ready to read, you will teach them lessons about using letter sounds to figure out words.
In Writer' Workshop we are moving on to "How to..." Writing. You can grab this free anchor chart at the bottom of this post.
Many of our literacy centers are based on our Spring Theme.  But, a few of the activities, Magnify It; Cut, Stack, Staple, Read; and Cut a Sentences are repeat favorite. I love it when I can repeat the same familiar activities. This keeps the instructions to a minimum.
 Math Activities continue with our Spring theme.

If  you want to enlarge these plans, go (here) to print them out.

Pin It!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.